Thursday, October 22, 2009

District 9
YUSS! I saw it and it was GOOD. Well, to me..
Great movie! Awesome CGI, awesome story (not ruined by the movie) and it looked totally realistic, even though it was a science-fiction movie. I'd think a thing like this could actually happen rather than 99% of the sci-fi movies that are about aliens. The most beautiful thing I liked about the movie was the father-son relation with the aliens. And how sad it made me feel to see them torn apart, even though I knew in the back of my head that they'd rejoice later in the movie. I almost even shed a tear. Hmm, is it bad for a movie to be predictable though? I don't think so, not always, I mean of course, it's terrible on horrors, romantic movies or comedies and it immediately makes it "too commercial" but I think this movie is one of the few movies that are both really commercial AND great to me. I also think the fact that it played in Johannesburg did the movie good, I mean, finally something else than "OH NO, AN UFO HAS LANDED IN AMERICA CAUSE THE WRITERS ARE FROM HOLLAYWOOD!" and the accent on the Sharlto Copley also contributed to the non-american vibe.
Shit I farted so badly it smells like pure broccoli, YES BROCCOLI.

Anywaay.. As you can see on imdb some of the character's names are Dutch, I'm highly impressed by that, mostly cause that part of Africa is almost half-dutch. I started to realize this when the voicemail that Sharlto Copley was calling ended with: "TOT ZIEENS".
What I do find really weird is that they use a shot in the trailer with a prawn saying: "We just want to go home." that did not take part in the movie. And the trailer didn't give me the information to know what the movie was exactly about. Well I guess they meant to do that.

Oh, and I heard that some people found it rather crappy.. well, to those people I say: STUFF YOU DAMMIT!



I'm giving this movie a definite: 9,5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment